What is a cookie?
We use first and third-party cookies on our site. Cookies are small text files that are placed and stored on your computer for accessing the internet when you visit a website. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user’s browsing habits or their equipment and depending of the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user.
You can accept or reject some or all cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you do not know how to do this, the links below set out information about how to change your browser settings for some of the most commonly used web browsers:
Categories of cookies:
According to the managing entity:
- First-Party Cookies: they are those cookies set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time.
- Third-Party cookies: they are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user.
According to the duration they are enabled:
- Session Cookies: they are temporary cookies that are used to remember you during the course of your visit to the website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies are stored on the user’s computer and are not deleted when the browser is closed. These types of cookies may be stored for any period of time, varying from a few minutes to several years.
According to their purposes:
- Strictly necessary Cookies: These cookies allow you to browse through a web page or platform and use the different options or services, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session; access to restricted areas, store content for video or sound broadcasting or share content through social media.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our websites, applications and services to remember choices you make such as your language, the type of browser used to access a web page or the region you are in.
- Analytical cookies: The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications and platforms and to define browsing profiles of the users of said websites, with the aim of making improvements based on the analysis of the data of the users’ use of the services.
- Advertising cookies: They are required for the management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: They are required for the management of advertising spaces. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and use this information to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
Nevertheless, you can set your browser settings to reject all cookies without interfering with the content. However, it is possible that some features or services of the website will not work properly without cookies.
Third-party Cookies used by this Site:
Description of cookies used by this Site:
Here is a list of the cookies we use and why:
- 1P_JAR: Google Cookie. It is used to track and gather statistics and conversion rates through the website.
- APISID, CONSENT, HSID, NID, SAPISID, SID, SIDCC, SSID: They enable core website functionality tracking a session for the website. They record whether the user arrived at the website directly, from another site, via an advertising campaign or through a search engine (indicating the key word used and the source).
- OGP, OGPC: These cookies store user preferences and information to show more relevant adverts. They are also used by Google Maps.
- _ga, _gid: Google Analytics. They are used to distinguish users. _ga registers a unique user ID. _gid stores and updates a unique value for each page visited.
- Bcookie, lidc: These cookies are used to interact with the LinkedIn service and share the content of the website via this social network.
- Cookie_noticed_accepted: This cookie is used to record if a visitor has accepted the use of the cookies on the site.
- Eu_cn, guest_id: These cookies enable us to track visitor activity from our Twitter ads on our website, and also to allow users to share content from our website. This is required to determine whether a user is logged in to his/her Twitter account and track his/her interactions.
- Personalization_id, tfw_exp: Twitter. These cookies track how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen in order to show more relevant adverts.
- IN_HASH: LinkedIn. This cookie records some of the site user’s recent web journey.
- Fr: The first part of the cookie file identifies the browser used. The second part of the cookie file is an encrypted version of the user ID.
- Wd: This cookie registers the browser window dimensions and it is used by Facebook to optimize site performance.
- Sb: This cookie is used by Facebook to track the “Follow us” and “Like” buttons. Facebook can use this information to show our adverts on its platform.
- __utma: Google Analytics. It is used to distinguish between users and sessions for statistical and analytical purposes.
- __utmb: Google Analytics. It is used to determine new sessions and visits. It is used in conjunction with __utmc to register a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website.
- __utmc: Google Analytics. It is used in combination with the __utmb to identify new sessions / visits for returning visitors. It registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website.
- __utmz: Google Analytics. This cookie determines the type of referral used by each visitor to arrive at our site (via the Google search engine, an advert, etc) and the navigation route when browsing our website. We use this information to improve your user experience in future updates.
- ACCOUNT_CHOOSER: Google. This cookie allows you to select and log in to a Google Account.
- OTZ: This cookie is managed by third-party social networks. We obtain information from your profile in the social networks. It also allows you to post information about the website on social networks.
- GAPS: It is used by Google to customize ads on Google services.
CONSENT: Google cookie.